GBBD: The white ones -- with a side of fruit

Some how, Garden blogger's bloom day, hosted by Carol at May Dreams Gardens (who we all want to have as a neighbor) snuck up at me. But I quickly gathered a few blossoms before heading out to do chores. This evening, I'll enjoy the visits to the other blogs.

When I stepped out this morning to find the blooms, I saw a lot of white, perfect for a grey and cool day.

An unexpected late Hellebore that just started blooming.


Arctostaphylos 'Emerald Carpet' (Manzanita) with dark green leaves and white flowers perserveres in the side strip though it's supposed to perish in clay (3rd year).

Arctostaphylos hookery 'Wayside' (Manzanita) brightens the shade close to the redwoods though it's supposed to require a lot of sun.

And here's the side of fruit (to come):


The blossoms of Suncrest peach, made famous by the book Epitaph for a Peach. The fruit is just as delicious as the book describes.

A new nectarine planted last fall in the foreground, and a triple-plum in the background. Last year I had plums the first time and only noticed that the most productive variety is yellow (not purple) when they started dropping. I love my garden just for all the learning experiences!

And finally, the redwood sorrel blooming enthusiastically under the redwoods says to all of you:


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Comments

HappyMouffetard said…
The peach blossom is delightful.
Nice to make the acquaintance of the famous peach--the book really should have had a photo or two of her. Pretty, pretty garden you have; it's looking tourable!
Gail said…
Just lovely...Manzanita. What a great name...it says California to me! Lovely peach blossom...gail
lostlandscape said…
I love the floral prelude to the fruits. My new plum had dozens of flowers and 1 fruit--and I may be counting my chickens too soon. But it looks like you've got some great fruits to look forward to (along with great flowers to enjoy now).
Anonymous said…
I love tree blossom, and your peach is a delight.
K
Anonymous said…
Ending this post with a photo of the blooming redwood sorrel was perfect. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.
Michelle said…
What a lovely bunch of flowers! I especially like the hellebore and peach.
Those hellabores are so lovely! Have a great St. Pat's day!